Friday, December 2, 2011

Crossroads

This is a photo of my tattoo on my left forearm. When people ask what it means, I've always kept the meaning open, inviting the viewer's curiosity and self-interpretation. But at this moment, I will choose one for myself. This is a sign of my current situation. I am at a crossroads in my life. I am leaving one path and entering another. I was not satisfied with the last: school. I wasn't happy, nor satisfied, nor fulfilled. As a matter of fact, I was pissed and hurt that I found myself in a situation that made me feel cornered and not in control.

Now, I am not a control freak. Well, in my personal creative work, kinda. I have a strong sense of what I want and what I'm looking for, and I know when I get it. I want control of my life and will demand it. Ok, a little control freakish. But I am also open to learning, to grow and expand, and collaborate with those who are passionate about what they do. I am willing to give up control if I can trust the one I'm handing it to...there has to be trust.

Enough of the past. Back to the crossroads. I am standing at a place where change is about to happen, again. I like change. I embrace it. What I want though is change for the better. I always have. But now, I want to think of it as a way to get to the place I want to be and not just the place that I think is right. Because what is right if not just another feeling after the fact: hindsight is always 20-20. I am looking for the best choice to put me in a better place. I am again in search of the road that will get me closer to where I belong. And if it requires me to make my own, then so be it. Like Ralph Waldo Emerson says:


-Do not go where the path may lead; Go instead where there is no path, and leave a trail.

I look back down at my wrist. Now, I see possibilities. I have choices. There's not one way to live my life and my dream. I will find one that works. If not, I'll make one.

Maybe the crossroads is another adventure waiting at the intersection. Where you choose to go, is just the beginning.

forever FREE,
B.A.S.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment