Friday, December 16, 2011

a little strip tease...

Hello brokes,

I'd figure it's time I dropped my pants and showed off my...poetry.lol
Here's some pieces that may find their way into an e-book/script for my one-man show about New York currently titled NYC, luv ya! Look out for it in 2012. And if you have any stories about a love/hate relationship with NY or any other city, love to hear them.

NYC: 
expletives to fill the loss

My concrete bitch
You turn me on then dump me
My concrete bitch
You couldn’t even wait for me to get back
You quicker than a minute
Less than a second
On to the next one...
You take and take
But don’t give me shit to work with
A mystery
I never got a chance to know you
You hide behind these lights and sounds
Glamourous
Flashy!
But I’ve seen your dirty old face
I’ve seen your trashy sidewalks
Broken crack pipes
Cockroach apartment
Every corner an invitation to a dirty little secret
You think Disney will change that
Time Square Tourism
Sellin’ your wares for cheap thrills and a I LUV NY t-shirt
 I know you, sucia
You keep bums in your closet
I know
you push people away
sell to the highest bidder by the square footage
What does a mothafuckah gots to do to stick around?
What part of you is still you?
Do you even know who you are?
Do you remember?
Do you remember me?
My parents left their motherland to meet you
They thought you’d be good for future me
An arrange marriage, yes it would be
But we found each other, didn’t we?

Remember...when you first made love to me?
Boyhood innocence
I was a sandbox of new experience
You made me the man I am
You, ghetto fabulous
Infamous
Known to only the denizens of a 20 block radius
I knew you as a loud ass Latino symphony
Home made Salsa from the Boogie down
Bachata combata- Swooning long lost lovers till three in the morning.
I slept under your wet taxi tires hydroplaning on black pavement-
mirrors peering up into the night sky
In my boyhood apartment
I played with the gated window shadows, moving across my mama’s clotheline
I tried hanging you up to dry, crispy and ready-to-wear
my invisible cloak
But you were perishable with the first light of day
Memory is a dry good with a moveable expiration date

I wanted to know more about you
You had so many sides to you
and each side, a new side,
a new side from the other
exponentially possible was everything
was
I saw your face shine in the city lights
Pretty glow
Flashy and classy all at once
you was a sexy bitch and I’m not ashamed to say it
I wanted you, body and soul
I attempted to seduce you with smooth talking tongue
Oye, mami
Dejame entrar

Whispered in your ear:
Yo soy to sol
tu esperanza en el corazon romantico
I was wet from your possibility
You, ripe and ready
Me...green
I was scared and excited to enter into your metropolis
you made me a willing slave
I ate your every word
remixed in the now of the New York minute
the moment
now
so filled to the brim with ecstasy
I rode you
bus, taxi, subway
You schooled me
You burned me in the baptismal fire of first-times
I wanted more
more

Memory,
Vete, ya! 
[coño]
how you hang in the crevices of my warped mind

nyc
She will never be what she once was
She can’t
not the way a city works
Summer was over, and I had to return to strange lands.

I still smell you on my  fingers.
mm...

Latin boy in London 
-A broke Believer
YO- I went to London to speak the Queen’s speech.
Be Hamlet, Henry, Mac B
Do circles around soliloquies
Wow crowds with thee’s and thou’s
Lift up language and sound
Make my way to the Grand Stage sounding like a brown Laurence Olivier.
But I went New York on ‘em:
Yo, yo, kid. To be, or not to fuckin’ be.
Yo, b- that’s the mothafuckin’ question!
Whether tis nobla in da min’ to suffa
Fuckin’ gunshots an beatdowns,
or take arms against a too-live crew of wanna-be gangstas
and by opposing, get my dumb ass killed.
To die- duh! To sleep, shit. And by a dirt nap to say we end
The bullshit of a dead-end life. Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished, damn.
To fuckin’ die. Fuckin’ sleep, maybe dream…
SIKE! Yeah right.
That’s the rub a dub, dub
So, I came back
A native his natural habitat
Parting was such sweet sorrow. But the broke ass always got tomorrow


City of Seduction
 
You seduce me, New York

with your fast walkin' and talkin'

knee- high booted beauties, ankles deep in sophistication,
brandishing promised ecstasies of nightly affairs

you seduce me, NYC

all the way down to my hunger: can’t get better pizza anywhere than in the empire city.
it’s in the water

you call me with your sighs and moans and groans,

‘Baby, come back to me, I need you inside me.’

I come willing
I come back to you cause you provide me solace: the madness is comforting

...Ven aqui mi pobre amor

you seduce me with your hidden truths

oh! the places you’ll go!
only to go around in the same vicious circles

the enticement of what comes next still pulls at my primitive muscles
a nite out is always available,
...no need to worry
I come to you whenever you call

I am here, trapped

my concrete Venus
call me again





forever FREE,
B.A.S.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment