Monday, August 22, 2011

My Broke Ass Plant...Life 2.0

My fellow brokes,

I came back to school looking at my life now, after a year into this uncertain adventure. Most of my "stuff" has been held up at my frat brothers' place, piled up in a corner like junk ready for a garage sale. Also in the basement, same thing. Trash bags of clothes, and, my dead orchid. I knew I had to leave it to die. I mean, before I left for the summer, it was already "dying," dropping its beautiful flowers onto the ground. But I knew I couldn't rely on anyone at the house to take care of it. No offense- but they're dudes. And it's summertime. So, I did what any broke ass starving artist would do...

Now, I'm back. And I am trying to see if there's still life in the poor looking thing. If anyone knows anything about plants or orchids, please pass down the knowledge. I've watered it, put next to the window upstairs. It still looks the same. But the water is gone...a sign of life?

Life lessons from a dying plant.

Maybe sometimes, you just gotta kick back, slow down, die a little. Maybe when you're at your most quiet and dark and seemingly done for, maybe that's when it happens...

Transformation. Evolution. Change.

forever Free,
B.A.S.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment